©Cambridge University Library via BBC
- Do you often write your thoughts in a notebook?
- Are you interested in science?
- belong /bi-LAWNG/
- clue /kloo/
- envelope /EN-vuh-lohp/
- librarian /lahy-BRAIR-ee-uhn /
- joyous /JOI-uhs/
[verb] – to be in the right place, or (of a person) to feel that you are in the right place
I think this pen belongs to Sheena.
[noun] – a sign or some information that helps you to find the answer to a problem, question, or mystery
I don’t have any clue how to answer this math homework.
[noun] – a flat, usually square or rectangular, paper container for a letter
The brown envelope is on the table.
[noun] – a person who works in a library
As a librarian, Mina organizes books every day.
[adjective] – full of joy; very happy
Being at the beach with friends gives me a joyous feeling.
True or False:
- Charles Darwin is an Australian naturalist.
- The notebooks were left in a bright pink gift bag.
- The message on the envelope reads, “Librarian, Happy New Year X”
- Dr. Jessica Gardner feels joyous about the return of the notebooks.
- The Cambridgeshire Police have already solved the case.
Fill in the blanks:
- Please put the paper inside the ________.
- This lunch box _______ to Ken.
- I asked help from the ________ to find this book.
- She feels _______ when she’s around nature.
- Could you please give me a ______ on how to solve this puzzle?