- What is your favorite movie genre?
- Do you eat snacks while watching a movie?
- documentary /dok-yuh-MEN-tuh-ree/
- daily /DEY-lee/
- challenge /CHAL-inj/
- wizard /WIZ-erd/
- wand /wond/
[noun] – a film or television or radio program that gives facts and information about a subject
I’m working on a documentary about the lives of college students.
[adjective] – happening on or relating to every day
Going to the gym is part of Anna’s daily schedule.
[noun] – a difficult task or problem: something that is hard to do
Farmers face challenges every day.
[noun] – a person who is skilled in magic or who has magical powers
Harry Potter is an 11-year-old wizard.
[noun] – a stick that is used to make magic things happen
Lily would like a fairy wand for her birthday.
April has a lot in store for film fans, from a dairy animal’s life to a beloved video game character. Let’s check out some buzzworthy films this spring season.
This documentary follows the daily life of Luma, a farm cow. It shows the challenges a cow experiences.
2. Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore
As part of the Harry Potter universe, the third installment of the Fantastic Beasts franchise shows magic like never before. Set in the 1930s, it focuses on the fight between the great wizards Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald. Expect powerful wand battles and more of Newt Scamander’s helpful creatures.
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
The world’s favorite blue hedgehog tries to save the world again in this sequel. Actor Jim Carrey returns as Doctor Robotnik who tries to take over the earth with his sidekick Knuckles.
4. Downton Abbey: A New Era
Set in the 1920s, the British Crawley family travels to the South of France to explore the mystery of the dowager countess’ new house.
Don’t miss these releases! Include them in your watchlist now.
True or False:
- Luma is a farm cow.
- Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald are not wizards.
- Viewers can expect powerful wand battles from Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore.
- Knuckles is Doctor Robotnik’s sidekick.
- Downton Abbey: A New Era is set in the 1940s.
Fill in the blanks:
- As a worker, Gary faces many _________.
- Let’s watch this ________ about wild animals.
- Painting and drawing are Laura’s _______ activities.
- He used his magic _________ to move the objects.
- The _______ wears a long blue hat.