I will read each question. Then, please answer them.
- What is your favorite type of tea?
- Do you prefer loose leaf tea to tea bags?
I will read the words, meanings, and sample sentences. Then, repeat after me.
- grow /groh/
- affordable /uh-FAWR-duh-buhl /
- fuel /FYOO-uhl/
- usual /YOO-zhoo-uhl/
- quality /KWOL-i-tee/
[verb] – If you grow a plant, you put it in the ground and take care of it, usually in order to sell it
I’d like to grow orchids in the backyard.
[adjective] – not expensive
That store offers great clothes at affordable prices.
[noun] – If you grow a plant, you put it in the ground and take care of it, usually in order to sell it
This motorcycle needs fuel.
[adjective] – normal; happening, done, or used most often
She wore a pink hat as usual.
[noun] – how good or bad something is
The quality of flour matters in baking bread and cookies.
Please read the whole article. Then, I will check your pronunciation and intonation.
A 1-kilogram (kg) batch of Japanese green tea leaves sold for a record-breaking ¥1.96 million on April 18, 2022. A product of Shizuoka prefecture, Samidori leaves are green tea leaves that were grown in Fujinomiya and sold at the city’s annual Tea Market auction. According to the market’s president Yasuhide Uchino, the market is working hard to offer delicious tea at affordable prices despite increasing fuel and raw materials prices. The market officials said that although this year’s tea grew slower than usual, its quality remains unchanged. Many tea sellers and customers arrived early before the sale started at 7:00 a.m. “We were able to purchase tea of good color and shape,” said Natsuki Wada, a 35-year-old processed-tea wholesaler from Shizuoka city. Teas from Kagoshima and Okinawa were also sold at the event.
True or False:
Read the sentences and identify if they are true or false based on the article.
- The Japanese green tea leaves were worth ¥1.96 million.
- The market is working hard to offer delicious tea at affordable prices.
- According to market officials, this year’s tea grew faster than usual.
- Many tea sellers and customers arrived late.
- Teas from Kagoshima and Okinawa were not sold at the event.
Fill in the blanks:
Choose the correct word from the table then fill in the blanks.
- He asked me about my ______ schedule.
- My grandmother used to ______ roses here.
- Jack’s Footwear offers great ______ shoes.
- The price of ______ has increased.
- I saw some _______ tickets on this website.