- Have you ever joined a clean-up drive?
- Do you take out the garbage at night?
- responsible /ri-SPON-suh-buhl/
- recycle /ree-SAHY-kuhl/
- introduce /in-truh-DOOS/
- material /muh-TEER-ee-uhl/
- collection /kuh-LEK-shuhn/
[adjective] – to be the person who caused something to happen, especially something bad
Who is responsible for this tragedy?
[verb] – to sort and collect trash in order to treat it and produce useful materials that can be used again
More than half of Japan’s waste paper is recycled.
[verb] – to put something into use, operation, or a place for the first time
Since the product was introduced in 2001, the company has sold millions of it.
[noun] – a physical substance that things can be made from
Plastics are made from crude oil as the raw material.
[noun] – the act of taking something away from a place
Which day is the garbage collection?
True or False:
- Businesses will be responsible for clean-up costs if their packaging is littered.
- The waste-cutting measures will take effect in 2023.
- The Welsh government aims to reuse or recycle 75% of garbage by 2050.
- Businesses will be pushed to use less packaging and more easily recyclable materials.
- The money raised would go toward improving kerbside garbage collection.
Fill in the blanks:
- On Tuesday afternoon, the photos will be ready for __________.
- It’s impossible that such law will be __________ before the next election.
- The poor weather last month was __________ for the crop failure.
- They __________ empty tins to use the metal.
- This kind of __________ absorbs water easily.