© Charles and Colvard via CNN
- Do you know your birthstone?
- Do you wear a necklace?
- engagement /en-GEYJ-muhnt/
- natural /NACH-er-uhl/
- size /sahyz/
- jewelry /JOO-uhl-ree/
- demand /dih-MAND/
[noun] – an agreement to marry someone
Sheena and Donny announced their engagement last Saturday.
[adjective] – as found in nature and not involving anything made or done by people
The tourists enjoyed the natural view of the forest.
[noun] – how large or small something or someone is
I need this shirt in a smaller size.
[noun] – decorative objects worn on your clothes or body that are usually made from valuable metals, such as gold and silver, and precious stones
The store was full of bright jewelry.
[noun] – a strong request
The demand for comic books decreased this year.
True or False:
- The pearl industry has seen a rise in the sales of lab-grown pearls.
- The number of engagement rings sold that featured a manufactured diamond increased by 63%.
- The number of engagement rings sold with a natural diamond decreased by 25%.
- The average retail price of the most popular two-carat round, man-made diamond for an engagement ring in March was $2,318.
- Pandora announced that it would stop using mined diamonds.
Fill in the blanks:
- Ms. Cherry needs this dress in a medium ________.
- I already sent the invites for our _________ party.
- Cartier is a popular ________ brand.
- There is no ________ for sportswear in this city.
- This basket is made from _______ materials.