- How much is the car parking fee in your city?
- Do you like cycling?
- vehicle /VEE-i-kuhl /
- owner /OH-ner/
- encourage /en-KUR-ij/
- government /GUHV-ern-muhnt/
- cyclist /SAHY-klist/
[noun] – a machine, usually with wheels and an engine, used for transporting people or goods, especially on land
Cars, buses, and trucks are examples of road vehicles.
[noun] – someone who owns something
Are you the owner of this car?
[verb] – to make someone more likely to do something, or to make something more likely to happen
At school, we were encouraged to learn foreign languages.
[noun] – the group of people who officially control a country
Millions of dollars are being spent by the government to solve the issue.
[noun] – someone who rides a bicycle
Cyclists have their own lane.
True or False:
- Cyclists in the United Nations can pay up to £117 per year for bike hangar use.
- In some parts of London, the cost of storing a bike in a hangar is five times that of a car parking permit.
- Only 10 municipalities offer bike storage for less than or equal to the cost of a permit.
- Islington Council has the highest bike hangar rental price in London.
- Mr. Lord believes that bike parking should be more expensive than car parking.
Fill in the blanks:
- The __________ is determined to tackle the problem.
- His parents __________ him in his studies.
- A good __________ can cover distances of over a hundred miles a day.
- Police can remove a __________ that is causing an obstruction .
- Do you know the name of the __________?