- Who are cyclists in your family? Could you tell me about them?
- Why is a bike hangar important?
- storage /STAWR-ij/
- discouraging /dih-SKUR-ijing/
- acquire /ri-KWAHYUHR/
- council /KOUN-suhl/
- policy /POL-uh-see/
[noun] – the act of putting things in a special place for use in the future, or the place where you put things
The majority of the art they’ve collected is still in storage.
[adjective] – making you feel less confident, enthusiastic, and positive about something, or less willing to do something
The discouraging news from his doctors has left him disappointed.
[verb] – to get or buy something
He acquired the property in 2008.
[noun] – a group of people elected or chosen to make decisions or give advice on a particular subject, to represent a particular group of people, or to run a particular organization
A donation from the local arts council is helping to fund this production.
[noun] – a set of ideas or a plan of what to do in particular situations that has been agreed to officially by a group of people, a business organization, a government, or a political party
They believe that a common foreign and security policy is required for Europe.
Electric vehicle owners can acquire a free parking permit in as many as ten boroughs due to their low emissions. With electric vehicle permits costing only £25 and other autos costing as little as £30, Islington Council has the highest bike hangar rental fee in London, at £107 per year. According to Oliver Lord of the Clean Cities Campaign, Islington Council is not doing enough to encourage cycling. Bike parking, according to Mr. Lord, should never be more expensive than automobile parking. Mr. Lord urged local governments to rethink their car permit policies.
- How much can the cyclist in the UN pay up to £107 per year for bike hangar use?
- How many boroughs provide bike storage for less than or equal to the cost of a permit?
- How many boroughs provide free parking for electric vehicles?
- Who can acquire a free parking permit in as many as ten boroughs due to their low emissions?
- How much does the electric vehicle permit cost?
- Is cycling popular in your country? Could you tell me something about it?
- Do you have bike hangars in your country? Could you tell me more about it?
- If you had the authority, how would you like the bike hangar law to be implemented?
- Do you agree that bike parking should never be more expensive than vehicle parking?
- Should bike parking be free? Why or why not?