- How is the weather today?
- Do you like hot weather?
- agency /EY-juhn-see/
- warning /WAWR-ning /
- predict /pri-DIKT/
- maximum /MAK-suh-muhm/
- local /LOH-kuhl/
[noun] – a government organization
The agency’s responsibility is to act in the child’s best interests.
[noun] – something that makes you understand there is a possible danger or problem, especially one in the future
The surgeon general has issued a warning against sunbathing.
[verb] – to say that an event or action will happen in the future, especially as a result of knowledge or experience
Who could have predicted that he’d be in charge of the entire organization in ten years?
[adjective] – being the largest amount or number allowed or possible
The sound has reached its maximum.
[adjective] – from, existing in, serving, or responsible for a small area, especially of a country
If the new supermarket is built, several local businesses will be forced to close.
True or False:
- India’s weather agency has issued a severe heatwave warning as temperatures climb.
- Narendra Modi is a prime minister.
- Heatwaves are common in India, especially in September and October.
- According to the Centre for Science and Environment, early heatwaves have hit around 15 states this year.
- The temperature in Delhi was expected to hit 44 degrees Celsius.
Fill in the blanks:
- There is a __________ length of 2,500 words.
- I went to an employment __________ last week.
- Earthquakes are extremely difficult to __________.
- Because of her __________, I was careful.
- She actively participates in __________ politics.