- Do you celebrate Father’s Day?
- What do you enjoy doing the most with your father?
- hardworking /HAHRD-WUR-king/
- heartwarming /HAHRT-wawr-ming/
- moment /MOH-muhnt/
- set up /set uhp/
- outdoor /OUT-dawr/
[adjective] – always putting a lot of effort and care into your work
Liam is a hardworking and energetic student.
[adjective] – causing feelings of pleasure and happiness
My friend’s handwritten letters were heartwarming.
[noun] – a special time or opportunity
Enjoy every moment of your birthday! You can only celebrate it once a year.
[phrasal verb] – to prepare or arrange something for use
Could you help me set up the table?
[adjective] – existing, happening, or done outside, rather than inside a building
He’s a huge fan of outdoor games like soccer.
1. Start with the basics: a Father’s Day card
Create a handmade card for Dad and leave heartwarming messages for him. They’ll surely give him the strength he needs every day.
2. Sunday Funday!
Surprise Dad with a breakfast in bed or cook together; either way works. He will surely enjoy every moment of it!
3. Movie marathon
Set up the TV, play his favorite movies, and watch with him. Check if the popcorn has his favorite flavor powder, too!
4. Have a Father’s Day picnic
Pick the perfect outdoor area for you and your family to spend time together. Plan some activities as well; a picnic is more than just eating!
Our fathers are well-known fighters who put in long hours for their families’ needs. But every warrior needs a sidekick. It’s up to us to show our support for our all-time favorite superhero!
True or False:
- Heartwarming messages will surely give our fathers the strength they need every day.
- Surprising our fathers with a breakfast in bed is not a good idea.
- When watching movies with our fathers, make sure the popcorn powder is his favorite flavor.
- A picnic is more than just about food.
- Fathers do not need any support.
Fill in the blanks:
- The book tells the _______ story between a dog and its owner.
- Do you enjoy _______ activities? I think this trip is perfect for you.
- Here, let me help you _______ the tent.
- This is a once-in-a-lifetime _______. Let’s enjoy it to the fullest!
- Justin is one of our best employees. He’s _______ and honest.