- In what ways do you help the environment?
- When was the last time you helped the environment? Could you tell me something about it?
- production /pruh-DUHK-shuhn/
- agriculture /AG-ri-kuhl-cher/
- establish /ih-STAB-lish/
- statistics /stuh-TIS-tiks/
- absorb /ab-SAWRB/
[noun] – the process of making or growing goods to be sold
This material is used in the production of steel.
[noun] – the business, science, or activity of farming
Agriculture is becoming more and more technically advanced .
[verb] – to start a company or organization that will continue for a long time
The company was established in 1822.
[noun] – a collection of numerical facts or measurements, as about people, business conditions, or weather
On average, women live longer than males, according to statistics.
[verb] – to take something in, especially gradually
The chemical is absorbed quickly into the bloodstream.
Two years ago, Agriculture Minister Edwin Poots established an aim of planting 18 million trees by 2030. This will necessitate the annual planting of 900 hectares. Currently, only 200 to 300 hectares are afforested each year, according to statistics. As claimed by Brian Murphy, CEO of the timber company Balcas, they have a lot of unproductive land that may be used for forests. Throughout its lifetime, each hectare might absorb 12 to 20 tonnes of carbon, removing a significant amount of CO2 from the atmosphere. He also noted that this will help Northern Ireland achieve some of its many climate objectives.
- What did the UK forestry industry organization say about tree planting?
- What should be included in the said forestry plan?
- Who is the ConFor CEO?
- How many hectares are afforested each year?
- Who is the CEO of the timber company Balcas?
- Have you tried planting/gardening? Could you tell me about it?
- In your opinion, what is the importance of planting trees?
- If you were to plant a tree, what would it be? Why?
- Do you support the UK forestry industry organization in their initiative?
- How does planting trees help lessen the effects of climate change?