- vertical /VUR-ti-kuhl/
- acre /EY-ker /
- sustainability /suh-stey-nuh-BIL-i-tee/
- artificial intelligence /ahr-tuh-FISH-uhl in-TEL-i-juhns/
- soaring /SAWR-ing/
[adjective] – standing or pointing straight up or at an angle of 90° to a horizontal surface or line
He climbed the vertical cliff.
[noun] – a unit for measuring area, equal to 4,047 square meters or 4,840 square yards
He has 400 acres of land in Japan.
[noun] – the quality of causing little or no damage to the environment and therefore able to continue for a long time
Our company has a commitment to environmental sustainability.
[noun] – the use of computer programs that have some of the qualities of the human mind, such as the ability to understand language, recognize pictures, and learn from experience
Computer scientists study artificial intelligence.
[adjective] – rising very quickly to a high level
The soaring price of fuel is a serious issue.
Along with the traditional, they have this high-tech advancement. There is room for everyone to produce at their peak level if they can find better and more varied ways to distribute food to both the consumer and the producer. The Bedford location is Infarm’s first large-scale growing facility in the UK and can house up to 40 cloud-connected farming units, each standing 10 meters high. Each unit can produce enough plants for a football field’s worth of food each year, or more than 500,000 plants. More opportunities for young people are anticipated as a result of this farming technique, particularly in the fields of robotics, artificial intelligence, and plant breeding. The Labour MP for Bedford, Mohammad Yasin, predicted that the project would result in between 50 and 70 additional jobs. “The UK is overly dependent on food imports, leaving us dangerously exposed to food insecurity and soaring food prices,” he said.
- Does your country have an indoor farm? Could you tell me about it?
- Do you experience soaring food prices? Could you give an example?
- Would you like to have a vertical farm in your country? Why or why not?
- Do you support having both traditional and high-tech ways of farming?
- Should modern farming be applied to tropical countries? Why or why not?
- food security