- Do you like watches?
- Do you like technology?
- battery /BAT-uh-ree/
- could /KOOD/
- able /EY-buhl/
- temperature /TEM-per-uh-cher/
- discover /dih-SKUHV-er/
[noun] – a device that produces electricity to provide power for radios, cars, etc
You’ll run the battery down if you leave your car lights on.
[verb] – past simple of “can”, used to talk about what someone or something was able or allowed to do
We asked if the computer could access the internet.
[adjective] – to have the necessary physical strength, mental power, skill, time, money, or opportunity to do something
Will she be able to cope with the work?
[noun] – the measured amount of heat in a place or in the body
The doctor examined him and took his temperature.
[verb] – to find information, a place, or an object, especially for the first time
Who discovered America?
True or False:
- Mark Donalds says that Apple will release a watch.
- The new Apple Watch will have the company’s largest display.
- Apple will release an “Extreme Fantasy” watch this year.
- The new Apple Watch will have a smaller battery.
- The new Apple Watch will have a metal casing.
Fill in the blanks:
- I _______ swim well even when I was a child. Now, I can still do it.
- I bought a new _______ for the flashlights. The good thing is that we always have emergency energy available.
- He is _______ to play the guitar. That’s why he is a good guitarist.
- I want to _______ what I can do. If I find out, I will be better.
- They can’t keep her _______ down. She needs to see a doctor soon.