- Do you like watching movies/series? Why or why not?
- Why is collaboration a good idea?
- loss /laws/
- selection /si-LEK-shuhn/
- consumer /kuhn-SOO-mer/
- force /fawrs/
- release /ri-LEES/
[noun] – the fact that you no longer have something or have less of something
I want to report the loss of a package.
[noun] – the act of choosing someone or something
The careful selection of projects leads to success.
[noun] – a person who buys goods or services for their own use
All consumers, including businesses, will be affected by the new rates.
[verb] – to make something happen or make someone do something difficult, unpleasant, or unusual, especially by threatening or not offering the possibility of choice
You can’t force her to make a choice.
[verb] – to allow something to be shown in public or to be available for use
The mayor has released a statement explaining his decision to resign.
The company announced the selection of Microsoft as its global advertising technology and sales partner to launch a lower-cost ad-supported subscription plan. Greg Peters, Netflix’s chief operating officer, stated that the company’s long-term goal was to give consumers more options while also providing advertisers with a premium, better-than-linear TV brand experience. Netflix has never preferred advertisements. The entire business model of the company is based on monthly subscriptions. Despite this, Netflix executives have been forced to break their own rules. It follows the release of shocking data revealing that the company was losing subscribers. Furthermore, as the cost of living has risen, households have looked to their Netflix subscription as a possible source of savings.
- Which company has teamed up with Microsoft?
- How much will the new service cost?
- Who is Netflix’s chief operating officer?
- What is the entire business model of the company based on?
- Have Netflix executives been forced to break their own rules?
- Are you subscribed to any of the streaming services mentioned in the article? Could you tell me about it?
- What is interesting about the streaming service that you are subscribed to? Please elaborate on your answer.
- If you owned Netflix, how would you like to address the issue? Please elaborate on your answer.
- Do you support Netflix partnering with Microsoft?
- In your opinion, why did Netflix lose lots of subscribers?