- What places have you been to this year?
- Please share your best travel experience.
- decline /dih-KLAHYN/
- reservation /rez-er-VEY-shuhn/
- investor /in-VE-stuhr/
- turn to (someone/something) /turn too/
- removal /ri-MOO-vuhl/
[noun] – when something becomes less in amount, importance, quality, or strength
There has been a general decline in employment.
[noun] – an arrangement in which something such as a seat on an aircraft or a table at a restaurant is kept for you
When is the reservation deadline?
[noun] – a person who puts money into something in order to make a profit or get an advantage
They have started to draw investors from major Japanese financial institutions.
[phrasal verb] – to ask a person or organization for help or support
He turned to his friend for advice on how to pass the interview.
[noun] – the act of taking something or someone away from somewhere or something
They demanded her removal from her position.
The company assured investors that it was ready for whatever might hit the economy while pointing out that it was presently experiencing its busiest summer travel season on record. Experts claim that a slowdown may even be advantageous for the company. “We think a lot of people may turn to hosting once again, so this is a big opportunity for us,” chief executive Brian Chesky said. Despite the removal of China listings in July, there are still more than 6 million active listings on Airbnb.
- Based on the article, what was the all-time high in Airbnb?
- How many reservations were made from April to June?
- Which continent has the highest travel demand?
- What may be advantagous for Airbnb, according to experts?
- When did the removal of China listings happen?
- How do you plan your stay when traveling?
- What booking site do you trust the most and why?
- If you were to travel right now, what would be your destination and why?
- Do you think it is safer to book lodging via hosts rather than traditional accommodation?
- How do you think traveling affects a country’s economy?