- Do you like going to the sea?
- What activities do you do when visiting the ocean?
- international /in-ter-NASH-uh-nl/
- confirm /kuhn-FURM/
- deep-sea /DEEP-SEE/
- progress /PROG-res/
- session /SESH-uhn/
[adjective] – involving more than one country
She works for an international company.
[verb] – to make an arrangement, plan, or meeting certain or fixed
Could you confirm your booking?
[adjective] – happening in or relating to the deep parts of the sea
Local activities include sailing and deep-sea fishing.
[noun] – movement to an improved or more developed state, or to a forward position
We’re slowly making progress.
[noun] – a formal meeting or series of meetings of an organization
The organization will have its final session by next week.
True or False
- Currently, two-thirds of the oceans are international waters.
- Only 1.5% of the international seas are actually protected.
- The UN High Seas Treaty has been under discussion for ten years.
- The International Seabed Authority had given 30 contracts for deep-sea mineral exploration.
- The fifth and final session will be held in May.
Fill in the blanks
- We will go _______ diving this summer.
- We’re having a brainstorming _______ this Thursday.
- The next _______ tennis championship will be held in Spain.
- Please _______ the meeting for the event.
- There’s been good _______ in your work. Keep it up!