- What is your favorite food?
- Do you like eating foreign food?
- diet /DAHY-it/
- preferred /pruh-FURD/
- ingredient /in-GREE-dee-uhnt/
- seriously /SEER-ee-uhs-lee/
- solve /solv/
[noun] – the food and drink usually eaten or drunk by a person or group
Rice is almost always included in Asian diet.
[adjective] – liked or wanted more than anything else
Watching movies at home is my preferred choice.
[noun] – a food that is used with other foods in the preparation of a particular dish
Mix all ingredients first before adding milk.
[adverb] – badly or severely
He’s doing good. He wasn’t seriously injured.
[verb] – to find an answer to a problem
You can’t solve the problem by fighting.
Annual food inflation – 75.8% in June
Income spent on food – 29.6%
Food, gas, medicine, and others are in short supply. So, many Sri Lankans are using jackfruits as their preferred alternative.
Annual food inflation – 22% in July
Income spent on food – 59.1%
Foreign ingredients are often used in Nigerian bakeries. But price increases are much harder to accept because a loaf of bread costs less in Nigeria than in Europe.
Annual food inflation – 11.59% in July
Income spent on food – 26.6%
A wave of strikes that started in April seriously damaged the food supply. This was due to complaints by farmers and transportation workers over the rising cost of gasoline and fertilizer.
Annual food inflation – 4.1% in June
Income spent on food – 26.9%
In May, chicken farmers had to increase their prices, which started a rally. A local expressed concern that the event had not solved the root of the issue, despite being pleased to see the rally had an impact.
True or False:
- The annual food inflation in Sri Lanka was 77% in June.
- Many Sri Lankans prefer jackfruit as their alternative food.
- Foreign ingredients are often used to make breads in Nigeria.
- A wave of strikes that started in May seriously damaged Peru’s food supply.
- Cow farmers had to increase their prices in Jordan in May.
Fill in the blanks
- Badly cooked food will make you _______ sick.
- America’s _______ is diffrent from Asian countries.
- Add almonds to the list of _______.
- The police are trying to _______ the crime.
- Listening to music is my _______ hobby.