© BBC News
- What is your favorite fish dish?
- Do you like going to rivers?
- exact /ig-ZAKT/
- original /uh-RIJ-uh-nl/
- pipe /pahyp/
- catfish /KAT-fish/
- flow /floh/
[adjective] – in great detail, or complete, correct, or true in every way
What is your exact location?
[adjective] – existing since the beginning, or being the earliest form of something
Let’s check the original source material first.
[noun] – a tube inside which liquid or gas flows from one place to another
Could you fix the pipe? Water is leaking from it.
[noun] – a fish with a flat head and long hairs around its mouth that lives in rivers or lakes
I’ll catch more catfish.
[verb] – (especially of liquids, gases, or electricity) to move in one direction, especially continuously and easily
The river passes through two countries before flowing into the sea.
True or False
- The dead fish were found in the River Oder.
- The poison from the golden algae harmed the fish.
- Andrzej Kapusta is not worried that this may happen again.
- Roughly 90 out of 300 unregistered outflow pipes are being checked.
- The amount of water that flows on to a lagoon and the Baltic Sea may reduce the poison.
Fill in the blanks
- Do you know the _______ owner of this house?
- Lava was seen _______ down from the volcano.
- There’s a lot of _______ in this river.
- The fire was caused by a gas _______ that exploded.
- Please tell me the _______ time of the meeting.