- Do you think mental health is important? Why or why not?
- Do you think employers should be understanding? Why or why not?
- eager /EE-ger /
- speak up /speek uhp/
- relief /ri-LEEF/
- evident /EV-i-duhnt /
- shift /shift/
[adjective] – wanting very much to do or have something, especially something interesting or enjoyable
He was eager to get into politics.
[idiom] – to express your opinion
He is willing to speak up for the rights of women.
[noun] – a feeling of happiness that something unpleasant has not happened or has ended
Afterward, I felt a great sense of relief.
[adjective] – easily seen or understood
It’s evident that you are tired.
[noun] – a change in position or direction
There has been a shift in public opinion toward friendly negotiations.
Throughout the pandemic, many people’s mental health was in danger. The only two severe pressures that have occurred swiftly and without any relief are a deadly virus and an economic slump that caused job and income losses. Everyone has been experiencing higher levels of dread and worry than usual due to a number of stresses that have been made worse by prolonged isolation, an increase in loss, limited access to mental healthcare, and seismic socio-political events. The repercussions are evident. Several companies have made conscious decisions as a result of realizing how serious the stress is. Some businesses have increased the benefits by concentrating on psychological well-being and broadening the options provided through employee assistance programs (EAPs), which provide access to free services to address mental health illnesses and drug abuse difficulties.
However, there is still a stigma attached to mental health issues in almost every sphere of life. Has there been a shift in how people view mental health issues in the workplace as a result of increased company openness, support, and knowledge as well as employees’ willingness to speak up? Or are some biases too ingrained to be eradicated even in the wake of collective global trauma?
- Who is more eager than ever to help employees who are dealing with mental health issues?
- What has everyone been experiencing during the pandemic?
- What did several companies decide on?
- What have some businesses increased?
- What does “EAP” stand for?
- Do you talk to someone when you worry about something? Why or why not?
- How’s your mental health? Please elaborate on your answer.
- If you were to help someone with a mental health issue, what would you do?
- Do you believe that there is still a stigma in the workplace around mental health issues?
- What can you say about the company’s initiatives? Please elaborate on your answer.