© APPLE via BBC News
- When was the last time you bought a smartphone?
- What do you like the most about your smartphone?
- aim /eym/
- several /SEV-er-uhl/
- available /uh-VEY-luh-buhl/
- dust /duhst/
- charge /chahrj/
[verb] – to point or direct a weapon or other object toward someone or something
The hunter aimed at the boar.
[adjective] – some; an amount that is not exact but is fewer than many
I was welcomed by several people.
[adjective] – able to be bought or used
The box office has available tickets.
[noun] – dry dirt in the form of powder that covers surfaces inside a building, or very small dry pieces of soil, sand, or other substances
This table is covered in a lot of dust.
[noun] – the amount or type of electricity that an electrical device stores or that a substance carries
This phone can last up to 30 hours on a single charge.
True or False
- Apple announced its new phones: the iPhone 14 and the iPhone 14 Pro.
- The new phones can call for help in an emergency through satellite.
- The new iPhone 14 Pro costs $799.
- The new Watch Ultra is meant for intense exercise.
- The Ultra watches have a battery life of up to 40 hours on a single charge.
Fill in the blanks
- The furniture in the old house is covered in _______.
- I’ll call you later. My phone is running out of _______.
- I saw a man _______ his camera at us.
- Are these pants _______ in a smaller size?
- I’ve already seen this movie _______ times.