- How do you save money?
- Do you spend a lot of money on something?
- remove /ri-MOOV/
- maximum /MAK-suh-muhm/
- license /LAHY-suhns/
- prevent /pri-VENT/
- head /hed/
[verb] – to take something or someone away from somewhere or off something
Come inside and remove your wet coat.
[adjective] – being the largest amount or number allowed or possible
Only drink a maximum of three tablets a day.
[noun] – an official document that gives you permission to own, do, or use something
Your driver’s license will expire in three months.
[verb] – to stop something from happening or someone from doing something
We couldn’t prevent him from leaving.
[noun] – someone in charge of or leading an organization, group, etc.
My father is the head chef of the restaurants he works in.
True or False
- An Australian gambling corporation has to pay 100 million Australian dollars for failing to stop money laundering at its Sydney casino.
- The corporation’s authority to run its business has also been removed.
- The fine was placed on Sunday, October 16.
- The New South Wales Independent Casino Commission did not completely remove the gambling corporation’s license.
- Philip Crawford is the head of the New South Wales Independent Casino Commission.
Fill in the blanks
- The essay requires a _______ number of 500 words.
- Why don’t you _______ your jacket? It’s so hot!
- Mr. Brown is the _______ of the history department.
- Do you already have a driver’s _______?
- The new rules were created to _______ more accidents.