- In your view, what are the benefits of AI?
- What should we do so that species of trees do not face extinction?
- diverse /dih-VURS/
- species /SPEE-sheez/
- assess /uh-SES/
- risk /risk/
- conservation /kon-ser-VEY-shuhn/
[adjective] – including many different types of people or things
The city is a very diverse place.
[noun] – a set of animals or plants in which the members have similar characteristics to each other and can breed with each other
The area is rich in different plant species.
[verb] – to judge or decide the amount, value, quality, or importance of something
How do you assess your students?
[noun] – the possibility of something bad happening
The risk cannot be eliminated altogether.
[noun] – the protection of plants and animals, natural areas, and interesting and important structures and buildings, especially from the damaging effects of human activity
There is a need for the conservation of trees.
According to a study, over a thousand different species of palm trees face extinction. Scientists used artificial intelligence to assess the risks posed by every member of the palm family, from large trees to climbing plants. The data paints a much clearer picture of the number and types of vulnerable palm species. The study’s principal investigator, Dr. Sidonie Bellot of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, London, believes that more than a thousand palm species that are now known to be possibly endangered require protection. She asserted that the activity was required to gather more data on the plants as well as to protect those that were already present on the ground.
Scientists are concerned about the potential extinction of fewer, well-known wild relatives of popular ornamental or commercially developed palms. Others believe that wild plants may vanish even before they reach their full potential. The Kew-led team decided to investigate machine learning as a method because official assessments of extinction danger are time-consuming and expensive. They can identify species that require further conservation efforts in the countries where they are most threatened by using this strategy, which also helps define priorities for conservation activities.
- According to a study, how many species of palm trees face extinction?
- What was used to assess the risks posed by every member of the palm family?
- Who is Dr. Sidonie Bellot?
- What does Dr. Sidonie Bellot believe?
- How can they identify species that require further conservation efforts?
- Are there palm trees in your area? If so, could you tell me about them? If not, where can you see them?
- What are some endangered tree species that you know about? Could you tell me about them?
- How would you protect the palm trees that are going extinct?
- Do you agree that it is important to conserve palm trees?
- What do you think of the conservation efforts?