- Why is professional development important?
- If you were an employer, what would you look for in an employee?
- emphasize /EM-fuh-sahyz/
- technical /TEK-ni-kuhl /
- entirely /en-TAHYUR-lee /
- emerge /ih-MURJ/
- task /task/
[verb] – to show that something is very important or worth giving attention to
I tried to emphasize my good points without sounding boastful.
[adjective] – relating to the knowledge and methods of a particular subject or job
Our staff will be available to give you technical support.
[adverb] – completely
Our situation is entirely different.
[verb] – to appear by coming out of something or out from behind something
A pattern is beginning to emerge from our analysis of the accident data.
[noun] – a piece of work to be done, especially one done regularly, unwillingly, or with difficulty
This last task is possibly the most difficult.
Employees are instructed to emphasize their unique accomplishments and technical proficiency on their resumes and during job interviews. To succeed at work, whether alone or as a team member, an entirely different skill set is emerging as being essential. Leaders are getting more and more interested in EQ, or emotional quotient. Our ability to understand and manage both our own and other people’s emotions, as well as how to use this knowledge to create satisfying relationships, are all parts of this collection of abilities. According to Amy Bradley, author of The Human Moment and adjunct professor of management and leadership at Hult International Business School in Massachusetts, it is extremely difficult to execute tasks successfully and sustainably if you are unable to control your own and others’ emotions.
Adopting a fresh approach is typically required to work emotionally and intelligently. It means prioritizing interpersonal connections and our own and others’ sentiments over to-do lists and productivity targets. Although changing one’s way of thinking could be challenging, the benefits could be enormous, boosting one’s morale, productivity, well-being, and personal influence—all traits that employers today more than ever desire.
- What kinds workers are employers looking for?
- According to the article, what skill set is emerging as being essential?
- Why is it extremely difficult to execute tasks successfully and sustainably?
- Who is Amy Bradley?
- What are the benefits of changing one’s way of thinking?
- When was the last time you got emotional? Could you tell me about it?
- How do you manage your emotions?
- If you were to change something about your emotions, what would it be? Why?
- Do you believe that Emotional intelligence (EQ) is what enables you to be successful in your profession?
- In your view, is EQ as important as a technical skill? Please elaborate on your answer?