- Do you think that robots will replace teachers someday? How do you feel about that?
- In what way can robots be dangerous?
- package /PAK-ij/
- breakthrough /BREYK-throo/
- heavily /HEV-uh-lee/
- annually /AN-yoo-uh-lee/
- recession /ri-SESH-uhn/
[noun] – an object or set of objects wrapped in paper, usually in order to be sent by mail
When will we receive the package?
[noun] – an important discovery or event that helps to improve a situation or provide an answer to a problem
Researchers claim to have made a significant breakthrough in the fight against cancer.
[adverb] – to a great degree
The group was heavily reliant on volunteer labor.
[adverb] – once every year
Subscription payments must be paid annually by the end of January.
[noun] – a period when the economy of a country is not successful and conditions for business are bad
The recession led to the bankruptcy of hundreds of businesses.
Dwight Klappich, research vice president for Gartner’s logistics division, explains that organizations throughout the supply chain are investing heavily in robotics as a result of the labor shortage. According to Amazon, 500 million parcels will be delivered by drones per year by the end of the decade. But even so, that will only account for a tiny fraction of the 5 billion shipments the company claims it currently handles annually. As worries about a possible economic recession have grown and the company’s sales have slowed, robotics has also not escaped the company’s cost-cutting attention.
- What is Amazon’s newest robot?
- When will Amazon begin making its first drone deliveries in the US?
- What did Tye Brady say about the drone deliveries?
- According to Dwight Klappich, why are organizations throughout the supply chain investing heavily in robotics?
- How many shipments does Amazon handle per year?
- Do you own a robot? If yes, please tell me more about it. If not, what kind of robot would you like to have and why?
- What is your opinion on robot movies?
- If you were to design your own robot, what functions would it have? Please explain in class.
- Do you think companies will no longer need human workers in the future?
- What are the advantages that human workers have over robots?