- What was your favorite toy when you were a child?
- Did you use to buy toys every Christmas?
- sales /seylz/
- increase /in-KREES/
- prepare /pri-PAIR/
- during /DOOR-ing/
- grocery /GROH-suh-ree/
[noun (plural)] – the number of items sold
The sales of gaming laptops have been increasing.
[verb] – to (make something) become larger in amount or size
Businesses should increase production to meet demand.
[verb] – to expect that something will happen and to be ready for it
Many shops are preparing for many shoppers this holiday season.
[preposition (time)] – from the beginning to the end of a particular period
The shop will be closed during its repairs.
[noun] – a store that sells food and small things for the home
Japan’s largest grocery store chain will have new branches.
True or False
- UK toy market sales decreased by 5% in the first nine months of the year.
- Toy sales are not expected to increase this year.
- Melissa Symonds is a toy picker for the Toy Retailers Association.
- Retailers hope that the scheduling of Christmas Day will boost sales because of the Sunday timing.
- The UK continues to have the second-largest market internationally.
Fill in the blanks
- The use of water decreased _______ winter.
- The _______ this month was lower than expected.
- I’ll drop by the _______ store to buy food.
- The students are _______ for the upcoming exam.
- The cost for the project has _______.