- Have you ever failed at something?
- Is failure necessary for life?
- conclusion /kuhn-KLOO-zhuhn/
- challenging /CHAL-in-jing/
- carry on /KAR-ee-on/
- issue /ISH-oo/
- necessary /NES-uh-ser-ee/
[noun] – the opinion you have after considering all the information about something
Don’t rush to a conclusion.
[adjective] – difficult, in a way that tests your ability or determination
He found the course academically challenging.
[phrasal verb] – to continue doing something, or to cause something to continue
They will carry on their negotiations next week.
[noun] – a subject or problem that people are thinking and talking about
Education is now a major political issue.
[adjective] – needed in order to achieve a particular result
Is a reservation necessary at that restaurant?
Numerous psychological studies conducted over the past ten years indicate that the majority of people find it challenging to respond positively to failure. Instead, we attempt to minimize how significant the endeavor was, which can demotivate us from persevering and completing the task. The “sour-grape effect” is the name given to this phenomenon. As an alternative, we can carry on as usual without being aware of our mistakes, which hinders us from knowing how to do better in the future. In reality, the majority of us routinely make the same mistakes. According to a recent study, many issues are preventable. These reactions frequently contradict one another. For instance, helping someone else who could be going through a similar situation is one of the best ways to learn from your mistakes.
Failure is a necessary component of life. You could also discover that the path to success is a little bit simpler to navigate if you can handle failure and learn from it.
True or False:
- Psychological studies indicate that the majority of people find it challenging to respond positively to failure.
- The “sour-mango effect” is the name given to this phenomenon.
- According to a recent study, many issues are preventable.
- Helping someone else who could be going through a similar situation is one of the best ways to learn from your mistakes.
- Failure is a necessary component of life.
Fill in the blanks:
- Give the ______ information but keep it simple.
- What led you to this _____?
- The economy is the number one ______ by far.
- If tasks are too ______, the end result is that learners are discouraged.
- We’re trying to ______ a very important conversation!