- Do you sometimes feel small?
- Do you believe that there is more to discover in the universe?
- advantage /ad-VAN-tij/
- realize /REE-uh-lahyz/
- experience /ik-SPEER-ee-uhns/
- universe /YOO-nuh-vurs/
- inquiry /in-KWAHYUHR-ee/
[noun] – a condition giving a greater chance of success
The advantage of the idea was its simplicity.
[verb] – to understand a situation, sometimes suddenly
They didn’t realize the danger they were in.
[verb] – If you experience something, it happens to you, or you feel it
I experienced a lot of difficulties while taking the exam.
[noun] – everything that exists, especially all physical matter, including all the stars, planets, galaxies, etc. in space
Could there be intelligent life elsewhere in the universe?
[noun] – (the process of asking) a question
I’ve been making inquiries about concert tickets.
He was at the foot of Yr Wyddfa, around a week after the passing of his father. He was overwhelmed with emotion that day as he came to terms with his mortality. However, at that very moment, he found it cathartic—almost satisfying—to let his mind wander upward into the sky and realize how small he was. When we come upon something enormously greater than ourselves, we may experience a range of feelings, including awe, amazement, and humility. It’s easy to overlook the fact that there is still a vast universe outside because so much of our lives are conducted on a smartphone screen that is a little larger than our hands.
Psychologist Frank Keil claims that when faced with the unknown, wonder stimulates creativity and inquiry. It prompts inquiries into who we are, including “how, what, where, when, and what if.” That cannot be taken away from us as people since it is one of our strongest drives.
True or False:
- Richie Fisher looks at the advantages of embracing vastness.
- Richie Fisher was at the foot of Yr Wyddfa, around a week after the passing of his father.
- When we come upon something enormously greater than ourselves, we may experience a range of feelings.
- Psychologist Frank Keil claims that when faced with the unknown, wonder stimulates creativity.
- Wonder cannot be taken away from us as people since it is one of our strongest drives.
Fill in the blanks:
- We still don’t know how many galaxies there are in the ______.
- Practical experience is always an ______.
- You will ______ some minor discomfort during the treatment.
- Don’t you ______ we’re working to a timetable? We have to have results.
- We have received your letter and thank you for your ______.