- What was the hottest temperature recorded in your country?
- What is the best place to visit in your country during the winter season?
- record /REK-erd/
- average /AV-er-ij/
- declare /dih-KLAIR/
- heatwave /HEET-weyv/
- last /last/
[noun] – a piece of information or a description of an event that is written on paper or stored on a computer
This winter has been the coldest on record.
[adjective] – a standard or level that is considered to be typical or usual
A male tiger has an average weight of 200 kilograms.
[verb] – to announce something clearly, firmly, publicly, or officially
Paris was declared to be an open city.
[noun] – a period of time such as a few weeks when the weather is much hotter than usual
We may anticipate more heatwaves, according to all meteorologists.
[verb] – to continue to exist
This old car may not last for very long.
Human-caused climate change has caused heatwaves to become more common, more powerful, and last longer. However, these heated winter events do not have the same negative effects on individuals as summer heatwaves, which can result in a considerable number of additional deaths. The world has already warmed by about 1.1C since the beginning of the industrial period, and temperatures will continue to rise unless governments greatly cut emissions.
- What countries have established national records for their temperatures?
- What was Belarus’ temperature record?
- What countries declared 2022 as the hottest year on record?
- What has caused heatwaves to become more common and powerful?
- By what degrees has the world warmed since the industrial era?
- How is the winter temperature in your country? Did you feel comfortable in it? Please share in class.
- What do you do to keep your home warm in the winter?
- What would you do if the temperature rose in your area during the winter season?
- Do you think human-caused climate change can still be prevented?
- In your opinion, how do warm winter events affect a country and its people?