- What kind of diet do you follow?
- Have you tried intermittent fasting? Why or why not?
- alter /AWL-ter/
- evidence /EV-i-duhns/
- adjustment /uh-JUHST-muhnt/
- popularity /pop-yuh-LAR-i-tee/
- cell /sel/
[verb] – to change something, usually slightly, or to cause the characteristics of something to change
She had to alter her clothes after losing weight.
[noun] – one or more reasons for believing that something is or is not true
The evidence is now crystal clear.
[noun] – a small change
There will be an initial period of adjustment.
[noun] – the fact that something or someone is liked, enjoyed, or supported by many people
The film deserves its popularity.
[noun] – the smallest basic unit of an organism
The cell is the unit of which all living organisms are composed.
Celebrities and CEOs alike support intermittent fasting for its ability to help people lose weight and improve their health. Dietitians advise caution when skipping meals, even if there is encouraging evidence that fasting can speed up the healing process in our bodies and possibly increase longevity. Intermittent fasting is a sort of time-restricted diet in which fasters compress their meals into a smaller window of time during the day by leaving a large gap between their final meal of one day and the first of the next. Fasters frequently try to eat every eight hours and aim for a 16-hour gap between meals. The DNA Dietitian, a London-based consultancy whose founder is Rachel Clarkson, claims that even if you cut calories, you won’t make the required behavioral adjustments about what you put into your body.
Those looking to reduce weight might not want to try intermittent fasting because there might be other reasons to adjust their eating habits. Due to the possible health advantages, autophagy—a mechanism associated with fasting—is gaining popularity. It is the process by which the body starts recycling the structures inside its cells.
- What is the tempting promise of intermittent fasting?
- What is the ability of intermittent fasting?
- What do fasters do with their meals during intermittent fasting?
- Why is autophagy gaining popularity?
- What is autophagy?
- Do you observe fasting? Why or why not?
- Could you tell me about your meal routines?
- If you were to change something in your diet, what would it be? Why?
- Do you agree that fasting has lots of benefits?
- What do you think of intermittent fasting?