- What is your favorite show on TV? Could you tell me about it?
- Do you watch shows that are related to the environment? Why or why not?
- manner /MAN-er/
- disaster /dih-ZAS-ter/
- sweat /swet /
- deal with /deel with/
- theme /theem/
[noun] – the way in which something is done
The manner of presentation is highly important.
[noun] – (an event that results in) great harm, damage, or death, or serious difficulty
The reason for the disaster was engine failure, not human error.
[noun] – the clear, salty liquid that you pass through your skin
Sweat is dripping from his forehead.
[phrasal verb] – to take action in order to achieve something or in order to solve a problem
Do you know how to deal with this problem?
[noun] – the main subject of a talk, book, movie, etc.
The basic theme of these stories never varies.
Doctors in a fictional hospital in Seattle are drenched in sweat as a heat wave hits the city. With a whoosh and a clank, the building’s overworked air conditioning system stops. Surgery must be finished as soon as possible since doing procedures in the intense heat becomes deadly within minutes. The air conditioning system wasn’t intended to be pushed that hard, according to Dr. Richard Webber. Dr. Addison Montgomery responds by claiming that the earth wasn’t intended to be pushed in this way. According to social scientists and charitable organizations, global change should be addressed in a range of on-screen stories, not just the rare thriller about a climate catastrophe.
However, can witnessing how characters in movies and TV shows are affected by the effects of climate change actually modify how we perceive the issue as it develops, allowing us to deal better with it or even change our behavior? Good Energy, a non-profit storytelling consultancy, believes it is possible. It is one of a select group of groups that are calling on more TV and movie scripts to incorporate themes, characters, and allusions to climate change.
- Who is Becca Warner?
- What happens to the fictional hospital’s air-conditioning system?
- According to social scientists and charitable organizations, what should be addressed in a range of on-screen stories?
- How does Dr. Addison Montgomery respond to Dr. Richard Webber’s statement?
- Can witnessing how characters in movies and TV shows are affected by the effects of climate change actually modify how we perceive the issue as it develops?
- Who is your favorite fictional character? Could you tell me about it?
- How is climate change affecting your life right now? Please elaborate on your answer.
- If you were to make a movie about climate change, what would it be? Why?
- Do you agree that how characters in films and television shows are affected by the effects of climate change truly transforms how we view the situation?
- What do you think of Becca Warner’s idea?