- What food do you like ordering at restaurants?
- What do you think makes food unsafe to eat?
- admit /ad-MIT/
- investigation /n-ves-ti-GEY-shuhn/
- detain /dih-TEYN/
- incident /IN-si-duhnt/
- necessary /NES-uh-ser-ee/
[verb] – to allow someone to enter a hospital because they need medical care
She was admitted to the hospital for further observation.
[noun] – the act or process of examining a crime, problem, statement, etc. carefully, especially to discover the truth
The police conducted a thorough investigation.
[verb] – to force someone officially to stay in a place
He must be arrested if the police want to detain him.
[noun] – an event that is either unpleasant or unusual
When did the incident actually happen?
[adjective] – needed in order to achieve a particular result
Water and light are necessary for plants to survive.
The incident is only one of many in the state to raise doubts about the security of restaurant meals. Instances of food poisoning were also noted last week in other parts of the state. After eating food at a school event, some children and parents in the Pathanamthitta area felt unwell. Since then, food safety authorities have searched more than 500 establishments. 48 restaurants have been shut down for operating without the necessary permits or in an unclean environment. When several people fell ill and a 16-year-old died after eating at a snack bar in the Kasargod area, similar raids were conducted in May 2022. More inspections are likely to happen, according to the authorities.
- When was the nurse admitted to the hospital?
- What did she order from the restaurant?
- According to the police, how many people fell ill after eating at the restaurant?
- What has the food safety authority done so far?
- How many restaurants shut down their businesses?
- Which do you prefer, buying food from restaurants or cooking your own? Why?
- What do you look for or check when food shopping?
- What would you do if you heard the news about food poisoning at your favorite restaurant?
- Do you think the food suppliers in India should also be checked by the authorities?
- How can restaurant employees ensure that the food is safe to eat?