- What electrical appliances do you have in your bedroom?
- Have you ever experienced not having electricity?
- recent /REE-suhnt/
- annual /AN-yoo-uhl/
- include /in-KLOOD/
- tax /taks/
- continue /kuhn-TIN-yoo/
[adjective] – happening or starting from a short time ago
Please submit the document with your recent photo.
[adjective] – happening once every year
The company holds annual events.
[verb] – to contain something as a part of something else, or to make something part of something else
Does the rent include furniture?
[noun] – (an amount of) money paid to the government that is based on your income or the cost of goods or services you have bought
The government has increased the tax on cigarettes.
[verb] – to keep happening, existing, or doing something, or to cause something or someone to do this
Let’s cancel our plans if the rain continues.
True or False
- Equinor’s pre-tax profits between July and September were $24.3 billion.
- The average annual cost of a UK household was £2,500.
- Energy businesses that benefited from the price increase last year had to pay a windfall tax.
- The Energy Profits Levy was initially set at 25%.
- The windfall tax increase will continue until February only.
Fill in the blanks
- My parents and I make _______ visits to my grandparents.
- _______ is automatically deducted from your salary.
- She will _______ her studies abroad.
- The symptoms _______ fever and vomiting.
- There have been many changes in _______ years.