- How much energy do you use every day?
- What is the most common form of energy in your country?
- profit /PROF-it/
- data /DEY-tuh/
- doubtful /DOUT-fuhl/
- benefit /BEN-uh-fit/
- taxable /TAK-suh-buhl/
[noun] – money that is earned in trade or business after paying the costs of producing and selling goods and services
Our daily profit typically hovers around $500.
[noun] – information, especially facts or numbers, collected to be examined and considered and used to help decision-making
Further data analysis is needed.
[adjective] – if a situation is doubtful, it is unlikely to happen or to be successful
It’s doubtful that we still have the chance to locate the money.
[verb] – to be helped by something
Investors will benefit from high-quality advice.
[adjective] – if something is taxable, you must pay tax on it
Additionally, many social security benefits are taxable.
Energy companies that benefited from the price hike last year were subject to a windfall tax in the UK. Initially set at 25%, the so-called Energy Profits Levy will rise to 35% in January and remain in place through March 2028. Oil and gas extraction profits in the UK are taxable, but not those from oil refining or forecourt sales of gasoline and diesel. The tax, according to Opedal, had no impact on Equinor’s investment strategy in the UK, but it did on how each project was evaluated because they had to take the tax level into consideration in relation to all other risks.
- According to the article, what were pre-tax profits between July and September?
- What did Anders Opedal say about gas and electricity prices?
- What is the current annual bill of an average UK household?
- By what percentage will the Energy Profits Levy rise in January?
- What profits in the UK are not taxable?
- How do you save on gas and electricity costs?
- What household appliances do you use the most at home?
- What would you do to save up roughly £2,500 (¥396,146.25) a month for gas and electricity bills?
- Is it possible to reduce gas and electricity bills using energy-efficient appliances?
- How does climate change affect gas and electricity consumption?