- Do you enjoy singing?
- Are you a member of a choir or singing group?
- voice /vois /
- performer /per-FAWRM/
- prevent /pri-VENT/
- damage /DAM-ij/
- recommend /rek-uh-MEND/
[noun] – the sounds that are made when people speak or sing
She has a beautiful singing voice and always impresses the audience during her performances.
[noun] – a person who entertains people by acting, singing, dancing, or playing music
The acrobat was a skilled performer and amazed the crowd.
[verb] – to stop something from happening or someone from doing something
Wearing a helmet while riding a bike can prevent serious head injuries.
[noun] – harm or injury
The strong winds caused significant damage to the city, with many trees being knocked down.
[verb] – to suggest that someone or something would be good or suitable for a particular job or purpose, or to suggest that a particular action should be done
I highly recommend visiting the museum if you are interested in learning about the history of art.
Singing while sick can have a significant impact on our voices. However, singing while feeling under the weather is usually safe, according to specialist laryngologist Declan Costello. It is important for amateur performers to avoid singing to prevent the spread of illness. Laryngitis, an inflammation of the voice box caused by viral infections, can cause symptoms such as hoarseness, coughing, and a sore throat. Singers are advised to rest their voice before discomfort sets in to prevent further damage. To avoid any harm to the vocal cords, it is recommended to refrain from singing if you have laryngitis, vocal exhaustion, hoarseness, or if you have a cold or the flu.
In conclusion, while singing when sick may not cause any harm, it is still important to take precautions and rest your voice to prevent the spread of illness and avoid any future damage to the vocal cords.
True or False:
- Singing is a beautiful art form that requires a healthy voice.
- Singing when sick can have a significant impact on your voice.
- Laryngitis is caused by viral infections.
- Singing when sick may cause harm.
- Taking precautions and resting your voice are important to prevent the spread of illness and avoid future damage to the vocal cords.
Fill in the blanks:
- As a talented ______, she had the ability to captivate the audience with her acting skills.
- The spilled coffee created a stain on the carpet and it was difficult to remove the ______.
- He was nervous to give his speech, but once he started speaking, his confident ______ carried him through.
- Regular exercise and a healthy diet can help ______ many chronic diseases.
- The doctor ______ taking a break from working long hours and getting more rest to help improve his health.