- How do you prepare for natural disasters?
- What natural disasters hit your country?
- emergency /ih-MUR-juhn-see/
- communication /kuh-myoo-ni-KEY-shuhn/
- kit /kit/
- approximately /uh-PROK-suh-mit-lee/
- asleep /uh-SLEEP/
[noun] – something dangerous or serious, such as an accident, that happens suddenly or unexpectedly and needs fast action in order to avoid harmful results
The mayor declared a state of emergency.
[noun] – the act of communicating with people
Effective communication is essential in building strong relationships, both personally and professionally.
[noun] – a set of things, such as tools or clothes, used for a particular purpose or activity
I always bring a first-aid kit with me.
[adverb] – close to a particular number or time although not exactly that number or time
There are approximately four hours on the trip to London.
[adjective] – sleeping or not awake
The baby fell asleep while being held by her mother.
True or False
- Disaster relief team ShelterBox is based in Cornwall.
- Access and communication are not challenging, according to Alice Jefferson.
- ShelterBox could give tents, shelter kits, and cash to the earthquake victims.
- The earthquake had a magnitude of 7.8.
- Many people were awake when the earthquake happened.
Fill in the blanks
- Email is one of the fastest ways of _______.
- It took us _______ ten days to finish this project.
- Sorry, I was _______ when you called.
- In case of _______, call this number.
- Do you have a first-aid _______ with you?