- What underwater species are you familiar with? Could you tell me about it?
- Would you like to volunteer to explore the ocean floor? Why or why not?
- beneath /bih-NEETH/
- species /SPEE-sheez/
- threat /thret/
- treasure /TREZH-er/
- fascinating /FAS-uh-ney-ting/
[preposition] – in or to a lower position than someone or something, under someone or something
She looked beneath the surface of the lake to see if there were any fish swimming below.
[noun] – a set of animals or plants in which the members have similar characteristics to each other and can breed with each other
There are thousands of different species of birds in the world, each with its own unique characteristics and habitats.
[noun] – a suggestion that something unpleasant or violent will happen, especially if a particular action or order is not followed
The forest fires in the area are a major threat to the survival of the local wildlife, as they destroy their habitats and food sources.
[noun] – very valuable things, usually in the form of a store of precious metals, precious stones, or money
The old pirate map promised to lead the way to a hidden treasure buried deep in the jungle, and the adventurers were eager to find it.
[adjective] – extremely interesting
The fascinating wildlife on the African savanna always captures the attention of tourists visiting the area.
For centuries, scientists and oceanographers have been exploring the depths of the oceans, but their efforts have only revealed a fraction of what lies beneath the surface. From the 13-meter-long carnivorous squid to tusked whales that avoid predators, new species are being documented every year. However, deep-sea mining and climate change pose a threat to the oceans’ ecosystems, making the need to uncover the secrets of the ocean even more critical.
In conclusion, the depths of the oceans are a treasure trove of secrets waiting to be uncovered. With advances in technology and exploration methods, we are getting closer to understanding the mysteries of marine life and preserving these fragile ecosystems. Whether it’s discovering new species or understanding the impact of human activities on the oceans, the journey to uncover the secrets of the ocean depths is a never-ending and fascinating one.
- According to Edith Widder, what percentage of the world’s ocean habitats have been explored?
- What types of species have been discovered in the depths of the ocean?
- What are some of the threats to the ocean’s ecosystems?
- What is the purpose of exploring the depths of the oceans?
- How have technology and exploration methods contributed to uncovering the secrets of the ocean’s depths?
- Have you tried snorkeling or scuba diving? If so, how was the experience? If not, would you like to try it? Why or why not?
- What marine creatures are you familiar with? Could you tell me something about it?
- If the majority of the world’s ocean habitats remain unexplored, what could be the potential consequences for marine life?
- Do you agree that the majority of the world’s ocean habitats remain unexplored?
- What do you think is the biggest challenge in exploring the ocean’s depths?