- Did you attend a Montessori school as a child?
- Do you believe that Montessori schools offer a more nurturing environment for young children than other types of schools?
- approach /uh-PROCH/
- independent /in-di-PEN-duhnt/
- planning /PLAN-ing/
- stress /stres/
- essential /uh-SEN-shuhl/
[noun] – a way of considering or doing something
There are doubts as to the usefulness of this approach.
[adjective ] – not influenced or controlled in any way by other people, events, or things
Traveling in Asia has made her a lot more independent.
[gerund] – the act of deciding how to do something
The trip needs careful planning.
[verb] – to give emphasis or special importance to something
He is careful to stress the building’s safety standards to the employees.
[adjective ] – necessary or needed
Is money essential to happiness?
Being mentors rather than lecturers, Montessori approaches encourage independent learning and child-led learning in their classes. Thanks to the thoughtful planning of the learning environment and the use of attractive and practical things, children may learn through hands-on experiences. According to certain research, kids who attend Montessori schools perform better on some cognitive and social assessments. Choosing an educational approach can be challenging for both educators and parents, and whether you decide to choose Montessori for your child ultimately depends on your own priorities and values.
In conclusion, the Montessori approach offers a unique approach to education that places an emphasis on autonomy and child-led learning. Despite conflicting evidence on its efficacy, the Montessori approach stresses life skills that are essential for success in today’s environment.
True or False:
- The Montessori method is an educational approach that values the freedom to explore and discover.
- The Montessori approach is based on the idea that children learn best when lectured by their teachers.
- Montessori classrooms encourage independent and child-led learning.
- Children in Montessori schools only learn through theoretical lessons.
- Research has shown that children who attend Montessori schools perform better on some cognitive and social assessments.
Fill in the blanks:
- My teacher always ______ the importance of studying and doing our homework.
- They’ve taken a very cautious ______.
- ______ your study time can help you achieve better grades on your exams.
- Although she is young, she is very ______.
- Eating a balanced diet that includes fruits and vegetables is ______ for good health.