I will read each question. Then, please answer them.
- Do you like robots?
- What kind of robot would you like to have?
I will read the words, meanings, and sample sentences. Then, repeat after me.
- grocery /GROH-suh-ree/
- least /leest/
- doubt /dout/
- reliable /ri-LAHY-uh-buhl/
- waste /weyst/
[adjective] – relating to the food that you buy in a store
We need to go grocery shopping today.
[adverb] – less than anything or anyone else; the smallest amount or number
I like the yellow one the least of all.
[noun] – (a feeling of) not being certain about something, especially about how good or true it is
This letter resolved all our doubts.
[adjective] – deserving trust; dependable
My car’s not as reliable as it used to be.
[verb] – to use too much of something or use something badly when there is a limited amount of it
Let’s not waste time and effort.
Please read the whole article. Then, I will check your pronunciation and intonation.
Robots are expected to take over 39% of the time spent cleaning up after oneself and taking care of family members in the coming ten years. According to experts, grocery shopping would likely experience the most automation, while caring for the young or elderly would be least affected. Researchers add that the technology was predicted to cut grocery shopping time by 60%. There are some doubts, though, since predictions that robots will take over our housework “in the next 10 years” have a long history. There has long been discussion about self-driving vehicles replacing taxis on the road, according to associate professor Ekaterina Hertog. However, in the unpredictable environment of the streets, no one has exactly been able to make self-driving cars reliable or make robots work effectively. More research indicates that domestic automation could reduce the amount of time wasted on unpaid housework. However, the price of technology may be expensive. Time inequality will increase if tools to help with housework are only accessible to a certain portion of society.
True or False
Read the sentences and identify if they are true or false based on the article.
- Robots are expected to take over 39% of the time spent on housework in the coming ten years.
- Grocery shopping would be the least affected.
- Researchers say that the technology was predicted to cut grocery shopping time by 60%.
- Ekaterina Hertog is an associate professor.
- The price of the technology is low, so everyone can benefit from it.
Fill in the blanks
Choose the correct word from the table then fill in the blanks.
- What is your _______ favorite subject?
- She doesn’t like to _______ time and resources.
- Sorry, I’m not available today. My family and I will go _______ shopping.
- Tom is a _______ friend. You can always count on him.
- We’re having ______ about the software’s potential.