- What is your favorite outdoor activity to do in nature? Could you tell me about it?
- Do you enjoy going for walks or hikes in the forest? Why or why not?
- remedy /REM-i-dee /
- boost /boost/
- apparent /uh-PAIR-uhnt/
- breathtaking /BRETH-tey-king/
- preserve /pri-ZURV/
[noun] – a successful way of curing an illness or dealing with a problem or difficulty
When I have a headache, I usually take aspirin as a remedy to make the pain go away.
[verb] – to increase or improve something
Drinking orange juice can help boost your immune system because it is rich in vitamin C.
[adjective] – able to be seen or understood
Although he tried to hide his disappointment, it was apparent that he didn’t get the job he had applied for.
[adjective] – extremely exciting, beautiful, or surprising
The view from the top of the mountain was absolutely breathtaking. I had never seen such a beautiful sight before in my life.
[verb] – to keep something as it is, especially in order to prevent it from decaying or being damaged or destroyed
To prevent the fruit from spoiling, it is important to preserve it by keeping it in the refrigerator or by canning it.
In Greenland, where nature is abundant, these benefits are more apparent. The island’s wild and breathtaking landscapes offer an escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. For the Inuit people, who have lived in Greenland for over 4,000 years, nature is not just a source of beauty and inspiration but a way of life. From using herbs and plants for medicinal purposes to hunting and fishing for food, the Inuit people have a profound respect for the natural world. In recent years, there has been a renewed interest in traditional Inuit knowledge and practices, with many Greenlanders turning to these ancient techniques to improve their health and well-being. This rediscovery of ancient practices not only promotes sustainable living but also preserves a rich cultural heritage that has been passed down for generations.
In conclusion, spending time in nature can have a profound impact on our physical and mental health. Greenland offers a unique opportunity to reconnect with nature and experience the healing power of the wild. As the world becomes increasingly urbanized and technology-driven, it’s essential to remember the importance of nature in our lives.
- What are some benefits of spending time in nature, according to the study published in Frontiers in Psychology?
- How does nature impact the Inuit people’s way of life?
- Why has there been a renewed interest in traditional Inuit knowledge and practices in recent years?
- What does the rediscovery of ancient practices promote?
- Why is it important to remember the importance of nature in our lives?
- Have you ever visited a place that is abundant in nature, like Greenland? If so, how did you feel about the experience? If not, would you like to experience it? Why or why not?
- What are some traditional practices that the Japanese use to connect with nature?
- Do you agree that spending time in nature can help reduce stress levels and improve cognitive function?
- Do you agree that traditional techniques for connecting with nature, such as using herbs and plants for medicinal purposes or hunting and fishing for food, are valuable practices? Why or why not?
- What are some ways that governments and communities can promote and protect natural spaces and encourage people to connect with nature?