- Have you ever visited a ski resort before?
- Would you be interested in trying out snowboarding instead of skiing on your next ski resort visit?
- resort /ri-ZAWRT/
- issue /ISH-oo /
- natural /NACH-er-uh/
- approach /uh-PROCH/
- attract /uh-TRAKT/
[noun] – a place where many people go for rest, sports, or another stated purpose
We decided to go to a beach resort for our summer vacation.
[noun] – a subject or problem that people are thinking and talking about
The school principal addressed the issue of bullying during the assembly.
[adjective] – as found in nature and not involving anything made or done by people
I prefer to use natural products like fruits and vegetables in my meals.
[noun] – to deal with something
The best approach to studying for an exam is to break it down into smaller parts and study each part every day.
[verb] – (of people, things, places, etc.) to pull or draw someone or something toward them, by the qualities they have, especially good ones
The colorful flowers in the garden attract many bees and butterflies.
To combat this issue, some ski resorts are using artificial snow machines to make up for the lack of natural snow. While this solution is costly and not environmentally friendly in the long term, many ski resorts are adopting sustainable practices. They’re using renewable energy sources like solar and wind power and implementing recycling programs to reduce waste.
Not only is this approach good for the environment, but it is also attracting eco-conscious travelers. It’s essential to remember that our actions have consequences, and we must take responsibility for our impact on the planet. By working together, we can ensure that future generations can enjoy the slopes of ski resorts while protecting the environment. Ski resorts are taking the lead in the fight against climate change, and it’s up to all of us to follow their example.
True or False:
- Ski resorts are not affected by climate change.
- Artificial snow machines are a cheap and eco-friendly solution to the lack of natural snow.
- Some ski resorts are adopting sustainable practices to combat the problem caused by climate change.
- Eco-conscious travelers are not attracted to ski resorts that prioritize sustainability.
- It’s not our responsibility to take action to protect the environment.
Fill in the blanks:
- The ski ______ was closed due to the heavy snowfall.
- The park has many ______ attractions, like waterfalls and hiking trails.
- The students were having an _____ understanding the instructions, so the teacher explained them again.
- The manager’s ______ to resolving conflicts among employees is to listen to both sides and find a solution that works for everyone.
- The new shopping mall is expected to ______ a lot of customers because of its convenient location.