- Do you think the cost of living will continue to increase in the future?
- Have you noticed any changes in the cost of basic necessities like food, housing, or healthcare?
- keep up /keep uhp/
- solution /suh-LOO-shuhn/
- change /cheynj/
- remain /ri-MEYN/
- support /suh-PAWRT/
[phrasal verb] – to be able to understand or deal with something that is happening or changing very fast
If you want to improve your English, you need to keep up with your vocabulary practice every day.
[noun] – the answer to a problem
The math problem was difficult, but with some help from my teacher, we were able to find a solution.
[noun] – the act of becoming different, or the result of something becoming different
I need to make some changes to my schedule so that I have more time for homework.
[verb] – to stay in the same place or in the same condition:
Despite the storm, the flowers in the garden remained beautiful and did not suffer any damage.
[noun] – emotional or practical help
My mom always gives me emotional support when I feel sad or stressed.
Governments must find a balance between budget constraints and quality care for their citizens. Many European countries are exploring new ways of providing social security benefits. Basic income schemes and public-private partnerships are some of the innovative solutions being explored to revolutionize social welfare systems. However, implementing these changes will require political will and financial investment.
In conclusion, social security is a basic necessity, not a luxury. Europe must overcome these challenges to ensure that all citizens have access to quality care. By continuing to experiment with new solutions, governments can ensure that social welfare systems remain sustainable and provide adequate support to citizens.
True or False:
- Europe’s social welfare systems are facing challenges due to increasing costs of living.
- The aging population and rising healthcare costs are contributing factors to the challenges faced by Europe’s social welfare systems.
- The gig economy has helped provide adequate social protection to workers.
- Governments must find a balance between budget constraints and quality care for their citizens.
- Basic income schemes and public-private partnerships are innovative solutions being explored to revolutionize social welfare systems in Europe.
Fill in the blanks:
- The cat loves to ______ on the windowsill all day, watching the birds outside.
- The bookshelf is leaning to one side, so we need to put a book under it to provide some ______ and keep it from falling.
- The teacher spoke very fast, but I tried to ______ with her by taking notes and asking questions when I didn’t understand something.
- My computer was not working, but my friend suggested a ______ to restart it, and it worked!
- The new employee brought a lot of ______ to the company’s operations, which improved efficiency and productivity.