- Do you like eating fried foods?
- Are you familiar with anxiety and depression?
- compare /kuhm-PAIR/
- suggest /suhg-JEST/
- expert /EK-spurt/
- reduce /ri-DOOS/
- diet /DAHY-it/
[verb] – to examine or look for the difference between two or more things
It is unfair to compare the achievements of two individuals who have had entirely different life experiences and opportunities.
[suhg-JEST] – to mention an idea, possible plan, or action for other people to consider
My friend suggested that we go to the new Italian restaurant in town, hinting that he might have heard good things about it.
[noun] – a person with a high level of knowledge or skill relating to a particular subject or activity
The IT expert fixed my laptop in no time, proving that he had extensive knowledge and experience in the field.
[verb] – to become or to make something become smaller in size, amount, degree, importance, etc.
The company implemented a new recycling program to reduce the amount of waste it generates each day.
[noun] – the food and drink usually eaten or drunk by a person or group
Some people with food allergies must follow a specialized diet that excludes certain foods to prevent allergic reactions.
However, experts in nutrition say that the results are not definitive, and it’s not clear if fried food causes mental health problems or if people with these issues tend to eat more fried food. Regardless, the study shows that reducing the consumption of fried food may be important for mental and overall health. Eating a healthy and varied diet is also important for well-being.
True or False:
- A study in China found that eating a lot of fried food, especially fried potatoes, is linked to a higher risk of anxiety and depression.
- Old women and older individuals were found to be more affected by eating fried food.
- The researchers compared the effects of eating fried food on people and zebrafish.
- Experts in nutrition say that the results of the study are absolutely certain.
- It is not clear if fried food causes mental health problems or if people with these issues tend to eat more fried food.
Fill in the blanks:
- According to the __________, a balanced diet and regular exercise are important for maintaining good health.
- We need to __________ the prices of the two products to see which one is more cost-effective.
- A vegetarian __________ can provide all the necessary nutrients for good health, as long as it includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, and proteins.
- To lower your cholesterol levels, you may need to __________ your intake of saturated and trans fats.
- The doctors __________ that the patient undergo further testing to determine the cause of their symptoms.