- Is the traditional office model still the most common way of working?
- Are there benefits to working remotely or from home?
- allow /uh-LOU/
- lack /lak/
- connection /kuh-NEK-shuhn/
- communication /kuh-myoo-ni-KEY-shuhn/
- feel like /feel lahyk/
[verb] – to give permission for someone to do something, or to not prevent something from happening
My teacher will allow us to use our calculators during the math test.
[noun] – the fact that something is not available or that there is not enough of it
There is a lack of chairs in the classroom, so some students have to stand during the lesson.
[noun] – a sense of belonging or attachment to someone or something
I feel a strong connection to my hometown, even though I haven’t lived there for years.
[noun] – the process of sharing information, especially when this increases understanding between people or groups
Good communication is important for a healthy relationship.
[idiom] – to have the feel of someone or something
I feel like eating pizza for dinner tonight.
The hybrid office offers workers the flexibility and autonomy they desire. It allows them to work from home or the office as needed, providing a better work-life balance. However, there are concerns that this model may lead to a lack of community and connection with the workplace. To combat this, companies are investing in technology to facilitate communication and collaboration, as well as team-building and socialization opportunities.
Despite these challenges, the hybrid office has the potential to create a more fulfilling and productive work environment. By embracing this new model with an open mind and a willingness to adapt, we can create a more inclusive, connected, and productive work environment for all. So let’s welcome the hybrid office and make it feel like home!
True or False:
- The hybrid office is a new model that combines remote work with working in the office.
- The hybrid office offers workers the flexibility and autonomy they desire.
- The hybrid office model doesn’t provide a better work-life balance.
- There are concerns that the hybrid office model may lead to a lack of community and connection with the workplace.
- Companies are not investing in technology to facilitate communication and collaboration in the hybrid office.
Fill in the blanks:
- She looks upset, and I ______ asking her if she wants to talk about it.
- Learning a new language can improve your ______ with people from different countries.
- Please ______ me to borrow your pencil for a moment; I forgot mine at home.
- The low grades on the test showed a ______ of studying and preparation.
- The new employee quickly established a strong ______ with her colleagues.