- Are you a sensitive person?
- Do you feel emotions very strongly?
- trend /trend/
- allow /uh-LOU/
- encourage /en-KUR-ij/
- promote /pruh-MOHT/
- style /stahyl/
[noun] – a new development in clothing, makeup, etc.
I noticed a new trend among my classmates: everyone was wearing colorful socks to school.
[verb] – to give permission for someone to do something, or to not prevent something from happening
The teacher allows students to use their textbooks during the exam.
[verb] – to make someone more likely to do something, or to make something more likely to happen
The teacher encourages students to participate in class discussions and share their ideas.
[verb] – to encourage people to like, buy, use, do, or support something
Our school promotes healthy eating by offering a variety of nutritious food options in the cafeteria.
[noun] – a way of doing something, especially one that is typical of a person, group of people, place, or period
Sarah has a unique style of dressing, always wearing colorful and mismatched clothes.
Highly sensitive parents have a special ability to understand and connect with their children’s feelings. They have a natural sensitivity and intuition that allow them to understand their child’s emotions and respond appropriately. These parents focus on building an emotional bond with their children and make an effort to create a strong and secure attachment. Highly sensitive parents pay close attention to even the smallest changes in their children. They create a safe place for expressing emotions and help develop emotional intelligence. Empathy is their superpower, as they understand and validate their child’s emotions. They also encourage independence, respect individuality, and promote self-care for the best possible support.
Modern parents are becoming more sensitive, showing a shift in parenting style towards compassion and emotional connection. They are highly attuned, empathetic, and devoted to their kids’ emotional well-being. It’s reassuring to see society embrace nurturing and supportive parenting, benefiting everyone involved.
True or False:
- Highly sensitive parents are becoming less common in today’s society.
- Highly sensitive parents lack the ability to understand and connect with their children’s feelings.
- Highly sensitive parents do not pay attention to small changes in their children.
- Highly sensitive parents discourage independence and individuality in their children.
- Modern parents are less focused on compassion and emotional connection with their children.
Fill in the blanks:
- The interior designer transformed the living room into a modern and elegant ______, using sleek furniture and neutral colors.
- Our school cafeteria ______ students to bring their own lunch from home.
- In recent years, there has been a growing ______ of students using smartphones for studying instead of traditional textbooks.
- The teacher ______ creativity by allowing students to choose their own art projects and express themselves freely.
- My parents always ______ me to study hard and do my best in school.