- What is the most expensive food you have tried?
- Do you think spending 880,000 yen for a scoop of ice cream is just right? Why or why not?
- currently /KUR-uhnt-lee/
- decorative /DEK-er-uh-tiv/
- ensure /en-SHOOR/
- treat /treet/
- expand /ik-SPAND/
[adverb] – at the present time
I am currently studying for my exams, so I can’t go out tonight.
[adjective] – made to look attractive
She placed a decorative vase on the shelf as a centerpiece.
[verb] – to make something certain to happen
The airline takes strict measures to ensure passenger safety.
[noun] – a type of food that is eaten in addition to your usual meals, usually something sweet
Whenever I have a craving for something sweet, I reach for a small treat, like candy or a small dessert.
[verb] – to increase in size, number, or importance, or to make something increase in this way
The organization decided to expand its product line to cater to a wider range of customer needs.
Cellato sells the white night dessert in Japan and ships it directly to customers. To ensure an optimal experience, Cellato provides detailed instructions on how to consume the treat. Customers are advised to add the white truffle when the ice cream reaches the desired feel and to mix it using a specially crafted metal spoon. If the ice cream is too hard, they can defrost it at room temperature or microwave it briefly. Cellato’s staff described it as rich in taste and texture. They recommended pairing it with sake or French white wine. Cellato plans to expand its line of extravagantly priced products to include champagne and caviar in the future.
- What is the current price of the world’s most expensive ice cream?
- Where are the white truffles used in the ice cream sourced from?
- How long did it take Cellato to develop the taste of this extravagant dessert?
- How did Cellato’s staff describe the taste and texture of the ice cream?
- What beverages do they recommend pairing with the ice cream?
- How do you feel about the concept of an ice cream being priced at 880,000 yen ($6,380) per serving? Does it surprise you, or do you think it’s justifiable for a unique and luxurious experience?
- What are your thoughts on the combination of ingredients used in the white night dessert, such as white truffles, edible gold leaf, cheese, and sakekasu? Does the combination sound appealing to you, or do you prefer more traditional flavors in ice cream?
- If you were given the opportunity to try the “byakuya” dessert, would you be willing to pay a large amount?
- Do you believe that the experience and enjoyment derived from consuming such items justify the cost? How much would you be willing to spend on a single serving of an extravagant dessert?
- When it comes to culinary experiences, do you believe that luxury desserts and extravagant food items are accessible only to a select few, or should they be more widely available for anyone to enjoy? What are the potential benefits and drawbacks of making such indulgences more accessible?