- possess /puh-ZES/
- consumption /kuhn-SUHMP-shuhn/
- inefficient /in-i-FISH-uhnt /
- initiative /ih-NISH-uh-tiv/
- comprehensive /kom-pri-HEN-siv/
[verb] – to have or own something, or to have a particular quality
David possesses a strong work ethic, always completing his tasks with dedication.
[noun] – the amount used or eaten
Excessive consumption of fatty foods has negative effects on one’s health.
[adjective] – wasting time, money, energy, or other valuable possessions or qualities
Using an inefficient workflow can result in wasted time and effort.
[noun] – a new plan or process to achieve something or solve a problem
James took the initiative to organize a neighborhood cleanup event.
[adjective] – complete and including everything that is necessary
She prepared a comprehensive list of ingredients needed for the recipe.
Satellite Vu plans to establish a constellation of satellites, functioning as “thermometers in the sky.” This network will provide comprehensive coverage and enable diverse applications of thermal data. In addition to assessing building heat profiles, HotSat-1 can identify structures and open spaces that contribute to the urban heat island effect, such as large retail center parking lots. The gathered data will aid urban planners in determining optimal locations for tree planting to mitigate rising temperatures. Furthermore, industries like finance, insurance, and even the military can leverage temperature changes captured over time to gain valuable intelligence and insights.
- Have you personally experienced the impact of excessive heat in your city? If yes, how did it affect you and those around you? If not, how do you think excessive heat could potentially impact individuals and communities in your city?
- Have you heard of or been involved in any efforts to mitigate or reduce the heat in your city? If yes, could you share what those efforts were? If not, would you be interested in learning more about initiatives or actions taken in your city to address the issue of urban heat?
- Do you think using city-wide data to guide insulation initiatives is effective?
- What are your thoughts on using satellite technology to monitor and analyze building energy consumption?
- Can you think of any other innovative uses for satellite data, such as building energy consumption or urban planning, that could benefit society or specific industries?
- energy inefficient
- climate neutrality
- urban heat island