- heritage /HER-i-tij/
- renovate /REN-uh-veyt/
- installation /in-stuh-LEY-shuhn/
- authentic /aw-THEN-tik/
- preservation /prez-er-VEY-shuhn/
[noun] – features belonging to the culture of a particular society, such as traditions, languages, or buildings, that were created in the past and still have historical importance
The indigenous community works diligently to pass down their traditional heritage, including language, customs, and art forms, to future generations.
[verb] – to repair and improve something, especially a building
The homeowners decided to renovate their kitchen, installing new cabinets, countertops, and appliances.
[noun] – the act of putting furniture, a machine, or a piece of equipment into position and making it ready to use
The installation of a home theater system in the living room provides an immersive audio and visual experience for movie enthusiasts.
[adjective] – being what it is claimed to be; genuine
The restaurant prides itself on serving authentic cuisine from the region, prepared using traditional recipes and ingredients.
[noun] – the act of keeping something the same or of preventing it from being damaged
The preservation of historical documents requires careful handling, digitization, and climate-controlled storage to ensure their long-term survival.
The initiative aligns with Ireland’s commitment to sustainable tourism, aiming to balance the economic benefits of tourism with the preservation of natural resources and cultural heritage. It also encourages homeowners to embrace environmentally friendly practices, such as using renewable energy sources and reducing waste. The grants provide an opportunity for homeowners to invest in their properties, diversify their income streams, and actively participate in the tourism industry. The Home Grants Program is expected to have a positive impact on local economies by creating job opportunities and stimulating tourism-related businesses. It encourages community engagement by involving local residents in sustainable tourism development, fostering a sense of pride and ownership. The program’s emphasis on preserving Ireland’s unique cultural heritage ensures that visitors can immerse themselves in authentic Irish experiences while contributing to the preservation of traditional practices and customs.
- Are you familiar with the country of Ireland? What do you know about it?
- The article talks about Ireland’s Home Grants Program. Do you have a similar program in your country? Tell me about it.
- Do you believe the program will enhance visitor experiences in Ireland and contribute to economic growth?
- In what ways does the Home Grants Program align with Ireland’s commitment to sustainable tourism and the preservation of natural resources and cultural heritage?
- How do you think the program will encourage homeowners to adopt environmentally friendly practices and contribute to the sustainability of the tourism industry?
- local communities
- financial assistance
- eco-friendly amenities
- tourism industry
- job opportunities