- Do you think parents should have access to their children’s Messenger?
- Would you feel safe if your parents had access to your social media?
- limit /LIM-it/
- access /AK-ses/
- personal /PUR-suh-nl /
- promote /pruh-MOHT/
- protect /pruh-TEKT/
[verb] – to control something so that it is not greater than a particular amount, number, or level
The doctor advised me to limit my caffeine intake to two cups of coffee per day for better health.
[noun] – the right or opportunity to use or look at something
The password-protected website requires a username and password to gain access to its content.
[adjective] – relating or belonging to a single or particular person rather than to a group or an organization
It’s important to protect your personal information and avoid sharing it with unknown sources online.
[verb] – to encourage people to like, buy, use, do, or support something
The manager believes in recognizing and rewarding employees’ achievements to promote a culture of excellence and motivation in the workplace.
[verb] – to keep someone or something safe from injury, damage, or loss
Security systems and cameras are installed in the building to protect against unauthorized access and theft.
Parents can limit who can contact their child, allowing only approved contacts to start conversations. This prevents unwanted interactions and exposure to harmful content or individuals. Content filtering lets parents restrict access to explicit materials. Enhanced privacy settings enable parents to control their child’s profile visibility and limit the sharing of personal information. These settings safeguard their child’s digital footprint and privacy online. Facebook Messenger’s introduction of parental controls reflects the company’s commitment to creating a safer online environment for users of all ages. The platform promotes responsible digital citizenship and protects children from potential risks associated with social media. These new features are a significant step towards enhancing online safety for children and providing parents with greater control and peace of mind as their children navigate the digital world.
True or False:
- Facebook Messenger now offers new parental control features.
- The parental control features aim to expose children to inappropriate content.
- These controls allow parents and guardians to monitor and manage their children’s digital interactions.
- The features include advanced privacy settings, content filtering, and contact approvals.
- Parents cannot limit who can contact their child on Facebook Messenger.
Fill in the blanks:
- It is the duty of law enforcement agencies to ___________ the safety and security of the community.
- It is important to respect an individual’s ___________ space and privacy.
- The government implemented initiatives to ensure equal ___________ to education for all children.
- The school decided to ___________ the number of participants for the event due to space constraints.
- The organization launched a campaign to ___________ environmental sustainability and conservation.