- residence /REZ-i-duhns/
- attribute /uh-TRIB-yoot/
- prompt /prompt/
- scenario /si-NAIR-ee-oh/
- intervention /in-ter-VEN-shuhn/
[noun] – a place where someone lives or resides
After years of traveling, she finally found a peaceful residence in a quaint cottage by the lake.
[verb] – to assign or credit a certain quality or characteristic to a particular cause or source
Her success in the competition was attributed to her rigorous training regimen and unwavering determination.
[verb] – to cause or stimulate a particular action or response
Her impassioned speech on climate change prompted many in the audience to join environmental initiatives.
[noun] – a specific situation or set of circumstances, especially one that is likely to occur or is being considered for planning purposes
The emergency response team conducted a drill to simulate a realistic scenario of a natural disaster striking the city.
[noun] – taking deliberate action to influence or modify a situation
The government’s intervention in the economic crisis included implementing stimulus packages and providing financial aid to affected industries.
As of the end of July 2023, there have been 113 bear sightings in the city, marking the highest in a decade for such a condensed period. This surge in sightings underscores the need for heightened vigilance and potential measures to manage the cohabitation of humans and bears. It emphasizes the criticality of comprehending and adapting to the evolving behavior of wildlife within urban environments. In this dynamic scenario, balancing the safety and well-being of both humans and bears requires strategic planning and intervention to ensure the peaceful coexistence of species in the increasingly shared spaces of Sapporo.
- Can you share any personal experiences or stories you’ve heard about encounters between humans and wildlife in urban areas? How were these situations managed?
- Have you ever encountered wildlife in or near an urban area? What was your experience like, and how did you handle the situation? If not, how do you think you would react in such a situation?
- Do you think implementing measures like bear-resistant containers or designated wildlife corridors could help mitigate the issue of bears venturing into urban areas?
- How do you think declining populations of farmers and hunters could impact the behavior of wildlife in urban areas?
- What measures do you believe could be taken to ensure the safety of both humans and bears in situations like this? How can urban areas adapt to this changing dynamic?
- declining resident
- aging society
- urban area