- What is your favorite sport?
- Can you name some famous athletes or sports personalities you admire?
- achieve /uh-CHEEV/
- wildlife /WAHYLD-lahyf /
- value /VAL-yoo/
- opportunity /op-er-TOO-ni-tee/
- celebrate /SEL-uh-breyt/
[verb] – to succeed in finishing something or reaching an aim, especially after a lot of work or effort
She worked hard to achieve her dream of becoming a doctor.
[noun] – animals and plants that grow independently of people, usually in natural conditions
The national park is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including lions, zebras, and elephants.
[verb] – to consider something important or worth having
We should value honesty and integrity in our relationships.
[noun] – an occasion or situation that makes it possible to do something that you want to do or have to do, or the possibility of doing something
Don’t miss the opportunity to travel and explore new places.
[verb] – to praise and show enjoyment or support for an event, a person, or an occasion by engaging in activities such as parties and special actions
We gathered to celebrate her birthday with cake and music.
True or False:
- Rudie van Vuuren participated in both the Cricket World Cup and the Rugby World Cup in the same year, 2003.
- Rudie and his wife founded the Naankuse Foundation in 2003.
- The Naankuse Foundation’s mission is solely focused on wildlife conservation.
- Rudie is not involved in any conservation efforts to protect wildlife.
- Rudie serves as the president of Cricket Namibia.
Fill in the blanks:
- The team ______ their victory with a parade through the city.
- I hope to ______ good grades in my exams through consistent study.
- We should protect ______ and their habitats to ensure their survival.
- She ______ her education and works hard to excel in her studies.
- I saw this job as a great _______ to advance my career.