- renowned /ri-NOUND/
- strategically /struh-TEE-jik-lee/
- infrastructure /IN-fruh-struhk-cher/
- assembling /uh-SEM-buh-luhng/
- executive /ig-ZEK-yuh-tiv/
[adjective] – famous for something
The renowned author won numerous awards for her exceptional writing.
[adverb] – in a way that helps to achieve a plan, for example, in business or politics
The company strategically expanded its market presence by opening new branches in key cities.
[noun] – the basic systems and services, such as transportation and power supplies, that a country or organization uses in order to work effectively
Investment in infrastructure is crucial for a country’s economic development and overall progress.
[noun] – an act or process of gathering and putting together various parts to create a whole or complete entity
The assembling of the puzzle pieces took hours to complete.
[noun] – someone in a high position, especially in business, who makes decisions and puts them into action
For Foxconn, primarily known for assembling Apple’s iPhones, this partnership marks an ambitious venture into the burgeoning electric vehicle (EV) sector. Unlike traditional car manufacturers, Foxconn does not plan to market its own brand of EVs. Instead, it aspires to serve as a global manufacturing hub for electric vehicles, targeting both the Taiwanese market and international clients. As the smartphone market reaches saturation, this move into the EV industry is seen as a logical diversification strategy. Foxconn envisions playing a significant role in the global EV market, striving to produce a substantial percentage of electric cars worldwide. To realize this vision, the company is not only hiring experienced executives but also collaborating with experts in the automotive industry, leveraging its rich background in consumer electronics to bring innovative approaches to EV production.
- Have you ever been intrigued by the concept of “AI factories” and their role in advancing autonomous vehicles and robotics? If yes, what aspects of AI technology fascinate you the most? If not, can you imagine how such technological advancements might shape the future?
- The article discusses how Foxconn, traditionally known for assembling Apple’s iPhones, is venturing into the electric vehicle sector. Have you ever witnessed or experienced a significant industry shift or diversification like this one in your region or field of interest? If yes, how did it impact the market? If not, can you envision how a company might adapt to new industry trends and challenges?
- Do you believe that the partnership between Nvidia and Foxconn to establish “AI factories” is a strategic move to propel innovation and diversify their businesses?
- How might the recent US restrictions on exporting AI chips to China affect the global tech industry, and what potential consequences could arise from such restrictions?
- In the article, Foxconn is shifting from assembling Apple’s iPhones to becoming a major player in the electric vehicle (EV) sector. What risks and opportunities do you think this diversification strategy poses for Foxconn, and how might it impact their long-term business sustainability?